Thursday 19 August 2010

Lemony Day

I have baked this cheesecake 2 weeks ago...and fall in love with it.It is my the first attempt and successful!! I was really thrilled with the 'end result' and the 'end-users' responses. I have always make non-baking cheesecake and decided it is time to challenge myself with a different way to make cheesecake. On the other hand, as my significant other loves lemon cake and cheesecake, so I want to combine both of his favourites into one. He can considered as my 'experimental guinea pig'. :p

The taste of this cheesecake is refreshing. I wouldn't say it is a light cheesecake but it is not too heavy to have after dinner. I will definitely make this lovely mouth watering pudding again for friends and family.

I have got this recipe from here. However, I twisted the recipe slightly to my taste bud. First, I added more lemon zest and more lemon juice as it mentioned in the recipe to make it more citrus and lemony. I have also mixed lemon curd and sour cream together before I pour over the top of the cheesecake as the lemon curd addes extra kick and flavour to the sour cream. Lastly I swirled lemon curd on top and served with raspberries. The raspberries blends in very well with the pud and the pud just melt in your mouth. As I am writing this now, has made me licking my lips. hahaha...

Happy baking!! :)

I will definitely update any changes I make to the recipe when I bake this lovely pudding next time and share with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment